Réf. : Re: [Xen-users] Re: Installing Xen on Redhat RHEL4

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Réf. : Re: [Xen-users] Re: Installing Xen on Redhat RHEL4
From: pierre.gentile@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:45:49 +0200
Cc: "Gino LV. Ledesma" <gledesma@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:45:04 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

Are you sure, I dowloaded the last unstable sources and the provided
Makefile do not allow me to patch the CentOS 4 kernel to make it a DOM0
kernel

Does it exist a procedure to do that ?

What I want is to have a kernel-2.6.9-11.EL-xen0 kernel

Regards

Pierre
                  ////
                 (o o)
=============oOO==(_)==OOo============

             "Gino LV.
             Ledesma"
             <gledesma@gmail.                                         Pour
             com>                      xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             Envoyé par :                                               cc
             xen-users-bounce
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                        Objet
             e.com                     Re: [Xen-users] Re: Installing Xen
                                       on Redhat RHEL4

             23/09/2005 20:05

                 Veuillez
                répondre à
                "Gino LV.
                 Ledesma"
             <gledesma@gmail.
                   com>

Yes, CentOS 4 (or RHEL4) works as both domain master (dom0) and guest
(domU). Using the xen-supplied kernels should work, though in my case
I rebuilt the kernel to include drivers for certain devices we use.

You'll need to download the xen source to "xenify" your kernel, though
RedHat has this way of backporting patches to udpate the kernel.

If you don't need to run the official RH-supplied kernel, building
your own should be much easier.

- gino