Re: [Xen-users] Re: suse guest domain?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: suse guest domain?
From: Kent Watsen <kent@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:15:08 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 03:13:25 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the tip - actually I had seen this post already and thought about writing him, but I felt that the larger community might have a better response and it would be captured in the archives for future seekers...

Can anyone help me out? - I'm sure its elementary for you old-timers, but this basic info isn't documented anywhere...

If your just tuning in, there are a few basic questions:

   * is a 9.3 SuSE-based guest domain that had the Xen package selected
     during install and the TLS directory moved aside good to go - or
     is there some kernel-swapping and boot.local file hacking to be
     done?  [The README.SUSE file only talks about how to get the Dom0
     domain up and running]
   * In the guest domain's xen config file, is the "kernel" for domain0
     or the guest domain?
   * Again in the guest domain's xen config file, did I set the "disk"
     and "root" params right?  I'm using "disk = [ 'phy:hdb2,hdb2,w',
     'phy:hdb1,hdb1,w' ]" and "root = '/dev/hdb2 ro'"  - I thought that
     the "root" partition had to be listed first and I'm passing the
     swap partition second, but if root has to be passed first, than
     why have a separate "root" parameter?

Thanks!
Kent

kooto (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:

    Kent Watsen wrote:
    I've searched the mail archives, wiki, and many other online
    resources,
    but I still can't get my first non rescue-disk image-based guest
    domain
    going...

Here is someone who had suse guest domain installed successfully:
http://www.nabble.com/Problems-booting-domian---unable-to-mount-root-device-t79106.html#a217407

when you search, even if you don't find an exact answer, you can at least find someone who had discussed the suse guest domain before. You can reply to their posts from Nabble.