Re: [Xen-users] 32bit and bigmem

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 32bit and bigmem
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:09:08 +0100
Cc: Jussi Hamalainen <Jussi.Hamalainen@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:05:43 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Can Xen (2.0 testing) use over 4GB of RAM on a 32 bit platform?
> I guess you can't give a single domain more than 4GB, but can you
> have multiple domains which add up to more than 4GB?
>
> If no, then do I have a shot at 64 bits with a Xeon EM64T CPU?

I'm afraid there's no way to get > 4Gig machines working with Xen 2.0.

Xen 3.0 will allow you to use > 4Gig by both PAE on 32-bit CPUs and by
directly leveraging x86_64 where it is available.

You might want to try out xen-unstable now - it's in pre-release stabilisation
at the moment, so it should be fairly usable.

HTH,
Mark