[Xen-users] will there be an Alpha port ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] will there be an Alpha port ?
From: DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre <nntp_pipex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:29:34 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:31:45 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
use them as share servers; for that, the best way and also most secure would be
use Xen ...

problem is that when I search Alpha in ML archives, I mostly get 'alpha release'
answers, as opposite to beta release ...

Alpha cores are said to be partly Pentium-Pro compliant; SRM on my servers also
include several BIOS emulators to help detection of PCI32 and PCI64 daughter
cards
... so I mostly think my bi-alpha servers could somehow be used as bi-pentium
boxes ...

from that: would actual version of Xen2.0 or Xen3.0 be source complatible with
Alpha
processors (I have CPUS revision 56, 533MHz, 4Mb cache, professionnal edition,
and
could dump you compleet specs from /proc within 24h if asked).

If not, how long would the port take for the team ?
how long for 4y experience C programmers ? (let say a team of 3 friends).

I found those Alpha servers for very cheap; I now need to keep them buzy/hot,
and
some society would need them to support an existing dedicated web server.

Gentoo and Debian user, C developper, knowledges in several ASM (PPC, 68hc11,
68hc08, ARM9)

--
DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP ) http://www.demaine.info/
\_o< If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would not have work >o_/