Re: [Xen-users] nfs

To: "Johnson, Michael" <mjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] nfs
From: "Michael J. Baysek" <mjbaysek@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:00:01 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:57:52 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes!

The problem is that your kernel modules probably do not match.

What you need to do is run the following commands from your domU.

domU # rsync -av root@dom0server:/lib/modules/ /lib/modules/
domU # depmod
domU # mount 192.x.x.x:/nfsshare /your-mount-point

You could make a update-kernel-modules.sh script with that rsync command and stick it in /usr/local/bin of your domU's. If you are really lazy, you could connect to dom0 as an unprivileged user and use an ssh key.

Hope this helps.

Johnson, Michael wrote:
I'm trying to get nfs working on a guest domain. nfs is not running and I looked to see what rpm's were installed from the FC4 cd's. I only found nfs-utils-1.0.7-11. Does anyone have experience with this?

Michael J. Baysek Systems Analyst
Carnegie Mellon University, Auton Lab
http://www.autonlab.org
mjbaysek@xxxxxxxxxx