Re: [Xen-users] Windows on Xen+VT

Quoting Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I'm not sure if it's known to be very fast - it's not going to fully optimised
in the 3.0 release, AFAIK.

Are benchmarks running slower than expected on it?  (I know you can't publish
them but they might be interesting to look at).  Bear in mind that the QEmu
display device we're using is sluggish even under QEmu.

Cheers,
Mark

Hey,

Well it's stable enough to be left on for hours without failure, but its
very sluggish indeed (takes a good few seconds to open a window). It may
well be the display, but I don't know... The process viewer reported
taskmgr.exe consuming a sustained 96-98% of the cpu resources. Device
manager shows the CPU speed and memory correct... I'm only currently using
one logical processor (i.e. 1/2 a core) at the mo though so I'll have a
look at it after disabling hyperthreading, I might try giving it a few
more vcpus too, although I don't know what it'll make of smp...

John