[Xen-users] Networking problems on 2.0.7

To: Xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Networking problems on 2.0.7
From: Robert Hulme <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:45:29 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:43:20 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm having some problems on xen 2.0.7

I've setup 5 domains and linked them together such that you have A <->
B <-> C <-> D <-> E. I have two problems:

1. When pinging from A to E (or E to A) the first ping takes ~ 34ms,
following pings take ~0.8ms then after about 10 packets it goes up to
~30ms, then it goes back to normal again and back up at a random time
later, and so on. So I get these random spikes.
2. After a random number of packets (usually about 30) the pings stop
being delivered to E (when sending to A) this happens for a long time
then randomly a batch (usually 10-20) arrive then it goes again, and
so on. This is so bad that the packet loss over ~1500 packets is 85%

I am at a loss as to how to fix this - but it's a serious problem
(obviously) as was intending to use Xen for a network QoS simulation
:-/

Prepared to do debugging stuff if you tell me what to do!!
-Rob