Re: [Xen-users] Using bonding-device bond0 for Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Using bonding-device bond0 for Xen
From: "Richard Mayer" <shiny.mayer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:14:17 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: andreas.bach.aaen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:12:17 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No,
neither Dom0 nor DomU freeze and I'm not using NFS for the root
file-systems at the moment.
Everything works without any problem - only the network connection seems
to be gone.
I can still ping the XenU from Xen0. But i cannot ping Xen0 from XenU.
Every seems to be very strange to me.
I have two parallel installations and the problems is present on both
machines.
Could it have to do anything with the Subnet-Mask of the Bridge Device.
I have taken a look at some other "standard"-Xen Installation and there,
the Bridge Network Device uses the Network Mask 255.255.255.255.
For my statically configured bridge I'm using 255.255.255.0 because
otherwise it wouldn't work...

Regards

Richard Mayer

On Mandag 12 september 2005 16:41, Richard Mayer wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm still running into problems with bonding.
>> When I boot the server, everything seems to be fine and I have no problems
>> with network connectivity. I can reach XenU und also reach the outside
>> world from XenU. However, after a while of doing nothing with the virtual
>> Machines (about 10-15 minutes) the network connection is gone.
>> I can't reach XenU anymore and when logging in through xm console I can't
>> reach any other IP Address from within the XenU.
>> Do you have any idea, what the reason for this behavour might be?

Does the domU freeze?
Does you DomU have it's root filesystem mounted via nfs?
Please make sure that you can ping any sizes of packages from the domU to
your
nfs server. You may need to set package sizes used by nfs down to a low value
e.g. 1024 to make sure al packages are so small that you don't need IP
fragmentation. Maybe you will need to lower you MTU of the eth0 interface
inside the domU.
If you domU doesn't freeze or you don't use rootfs over nfs, then you
probably
need to look elsewhere for the source of your problems.

Regards,