Re: [Xen-users] howto do NAT from a bridged xenU on dual homed host with

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] howto do NAT from a bridged xenU on dual homed host with one public ip?
From: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 11:58:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:56:52 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 02 September 2005 11:42, Ron Arts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a (fedora core 4) machine as follows:
>
> eth0: public internet
> eth1: 192.168.123.1
>
> This host acts as a NAT-ing gateway for the internal network.
> This works just fine.
>
> On this host I have a (Fedora Core 4) domU that has:
>
> eth0: 192.168.123.2
> default gateway: 192.168.123.1.
>
> I bridge eth1 to xen-br0 on the xen0 domain.
>
> My problem:
>
> I cannot reach the internet from the xenU domain.
> How do I set it up? Outgoing packets do not seem to be natted.

incoming packages (from domU as well as from eth1) will appear as comming from
"xen-br0" once xen is started.

You'll have to adapt your nat scripts to use "xen-br0" as "internal"/"dmz"
device.

Maybe you'll also have to fix your routing tables on dom0 to use the xen-br0
device instead of eth1.

/Ernst