Re: [Xen-users] Guest O/S Questions

Marcus Brown wrote:

Hi all,

This looks quite interesting, however I'm confused about the partition
table issue. AFAIK the bootloader takes the first 446 bytes of the first
sector on the partition, and the partition table is the last 64 bytes of
this same sector (a sector being 512 bytes).

Your dd command skips the first 63 sectors of the image.
How does this produce a workable disk image?
You're right. fdisk (and AFAIK, modern partitioning tools) prefer to start partitions on the first cylinder boundary. The assumption here is that each cylinder contains 63 sectors.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori