Re: [Xen-users] no BkSp in plan9, ubuntu root fs failure, and what's up

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] no BkSp in plan9, ubuntu root fs failure, and what's up with bsd?
From: als@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:54:47 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 05:58:38 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 05:43:21PM -0500, Ricardo wrote:
> In usual fashion, I have a few questions:
>
> 3) Where can I find a howto on setting up a guest BSD system?  So far
> all I've found are places where people say that they've ported BSD to
> Xen, and how to make NetBSD a dom0, but nothing about how to set up an
> xm config file or what you need in order to run BSD properly.  Can
> someone point me in the right direction please?

I'm running dom0 on Linux with NetBSD as one of the guest domains.

The config file is as follows:

------------------- cut here ----------------

# Kernel image file.
kernel = "/boot/XEN/netbsd-xenU"

vmid = 1

# Initial memory allocation (in megabytes) for the new domain.
memory = 64

# A name for your domain. All domains must have different names.
name = "NetBSD"

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define network interfaces.

# Number of network interfaces. Default is 1.
nics=1

vif = [ 'mac=00:00:00:01:42:67' ]

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define the disk devices you want the domain to have access to, and
# what you want them accessible as.
# Each disk entry is of the form phy:UNAME,DEV,MODE
# where UNAME is the device, DEV is the device name the domain will see,
# and MODE is r for read-only, w for read-write.

disk = [
'phy:/dev/vgsystem/lvnetbsd,sda,w','phy:/dev/vgsystem/lvnetbsdswap,sdb,w' ]

This defines two SCSI 'disks' for NetBSD which are backed by LVM
volumes. To get the needed NetBSD kernel you just enter your Xen source
directory and do a "make netbsd20".

Regards,
       Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison