Re: [Xen-users] help boot ing xen

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 03:56:17PM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> FC4's libc (I think) understands when it's running on Xen and automagically
> disables TLS...  If you're running a distro where direct seg refs are
> sometimes used directly in applications (Gentoo...  others?) that would make
> XenLinux complain even if tls is disabled.  Don't worry too much, though -
> it'll still run (maybe a bit slower, depending on how ofter the direct seg
> refs are used).

I've tried running FC4 inside a domU (with Xen 2.0.6) - I've tried setting
it up via rpmstrap with both the .i386 and .i686 glibc RPMs. I still get
this complaint from, it, FYI, even after _explicitly_ adding a reference
to the '/lib/i686/nosegneg' (iirc) directory. It doesn't seem to adversely
affect the running of the domain, but Xen/XenLinux doesn't seem to believe
that the libc actually does the right thing.

(I'm hijacking the thread, I know...)

--
Derrik Pates
demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx