Re: [Xen-users] start a guest stop after NET: Registered protocol family

To: Rafi Gordon <rafigordon@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] start a guest stop after NET: Registered protocol family 1 Starting domainU stops after NET: Registered protocol family 17 (but domainU is created)
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:16:25 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 02:15:06 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rafi Gordon wrote:

Hello, I am using xen-unstable.
I had tried in the past to start domain U by
xm create -c /etc/xen/xmexample1 and it worked.
In the configration file , /etc/xen/xmexample1, I had :
disk = ['file:/root/ttylinux/ttylinux-xen,sda1,ro']
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
where ttylinux-xen was what I downoaded from xen site at sf.net

After upgrading to a newer unstable version, it stopped to work. I do boot sucessfully to dom0, but after xm create -c /etc/xen/xmexample1 it puts some messages, and after TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 4096)
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Is the xenstored and xcs running? I've seen this error occur when there's problems bringing up the network driver.

it stops

running "xm list" shows as if the new domainU is up and running !
but xm console ExampleDomain
shows "Cannot connect to console 0 on domain ..."
Are you sure that's the message?  I you trying the latest unstable?

Nothing in either the tools/console or tools/python/xen directory generates such a message in the latest hg.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Any idea ?

I saw in this mailing list that there was somebody who had this same error in the past, but it is not specified exactly how his problem was solved.
I assume I am doing something silly.

Regads,
Rafi Gordon