[Xen-users] Serial port in domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Serial port in domU
From: Giovanni Bordello <g.bordello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:23:29 +1200
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:22:02 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everybody!

I need to use a GSM modem attached to a serial port from domU running
Linux 2.6.11 on Xen 2.0.6 (or I could go with -testing if needed).

I don't use it for networking, but for text messaging - it talks to a
database and some other processes, i.e. I'd really like to avoid
having the userspace driver in dom0. Is that somehow possible? I only
know about dedicating whole PCI devices to domains but how about
giving them serial ports? Is that possible?

Given that I know the IRQ/iobase, have kernel with drivers in domU, etc...

Thanks!

Giovanni