Re: [Xen-users] broadcast from domain-0 not reaching guest

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] broadcast from domain-0 not reaching guest
From: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:50:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:49:04 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
On Thursday 14 July 2005 12:44, wolpers wrote:

> I got Xen working on my machine using the packages that come with
> Fedora Core 4, but I got one problem:  broadcast packages sent from
> Domain-0 will not reach the guest os.  The rest seems to work perfectly.
>
> broadcast from guest reaches LAN.
> broadcast from LAN(but not Domain-0) reaches guest.
>
> Does anybody know how to get this working?

Works here.

Can you check "ifconfig" if you have an IP Adress assigned to your eth device?
the IP should be set only on the bridge and not on the eth0 device inside it,
so the kernel has no way to choose the "wrong" interface to send out
broadcasts.

/Ernst