[Xen-users] Lack of Network Connectivity

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Lack of Network Connectivity
From: "Jona Young" <jona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:30:27 +0100 (BST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:29:12 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey all,
I have just installed a xen on a fc4 box following the guide at:
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart It works fine but I
get the following errors when starting a client is starting up:

"WARNING: couldn't open /etc/fstab: No such file or directory
warning: can't open /etc/fstab: No such file or directory
mount: can't find / in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
Mounting local filesystems:  warning: can't open /etc/fstab: No such file
or directory
Enabling swap space:  swapon: cannot open /etc/fstab: No such file or
directory
Checking for new hardwaremodprobe: FATAL: Could not load
/lib/modules/2.6.12-1.1387_FC4xen0/modules.dep: No such file or directory
modprobe: FATAL: Could not load
/lib/modules/2.6.12-1.1387_FC4xen0/modules.dep: No such file or directory
mmap /dev/mem: Resource temporarily unavailable
modprobe: FATAL: Could not load
/lib/modules/2.6.12-1.1387_FC4xen0/modules.dep: No such file or directory
 [  OK  ]
Starting pcmcia:  Starting PCMCIA services: FATAL: Could not load
/lib/modules/2.6.12-1.1387_FC4xen0/modules.dep: No such file or directory
[FAILED]"

I'm assuming this is to do with an incorrectly set up mount point on my
part. My physical disk is set up as follows:
hda1 - 512mb /boot
hda2 - 1gb swap
hda3 - Rest /

The releavent line in the config file is as follows:
disk = ['file:/root/fedora.img,hda3,rw']

My Host machine's /etc/fstab reads as follows:
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/devpts             /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
/dev/shm                /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/proc               /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
/dev/sys                /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-hda2         swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

/dev/hda3               /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0

The virtual machine dosn't have a /etc/fstab file.

Obviously at some point during this process I have screwed something up
with the mounts, etc if someone could point me in the correct direction I
would be hugely appreciative.

Cheers
Jona