Re: [Xen-users] problem in booting additional domains: "Error: Adding ex

To: Marcus Brown <marcusbrutus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] problem in booting additional domains: "Error: Adding extent to vbd failed: error 8"
From: Ardalan K <ardalanbiz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:10:12 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:08:57 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Marcus,
I had tried what you said and that had given me the
same error. By the way, the documentation section of
xen (section 5.3) also does n't put /dev. I think my
problem with LVM originates from the fact that domain0
does n't have LVM modules. It gives me the following
error "LVM driver/module not loaded?". I don't have
this problem when I boot with the plain Linux option
from Grub and that's how I set up these logical
volumes. I tried to configure linux-2.6.11-xen0
(assuming this is the domain0 kernel) to have all the
LVM and sound modules that my Suse 9.0 has but after I
boot with xen, domain0 still does n't recognize LVM
and my sound card. Please tell me if I am configuring
the wrong kernel or if I am doing something wrong.
Should I include these modules as part of kernel(not
as modules)? Do I have the right initrd? Finally, I
gave up on LVM and tried exporting physical devices
(my hda7 partition) as VBD   AND THAT WORKED! :D

I appreciate if anyone can tell me how I can get
LVM/sound working.

Regards,
Ardalan

--- Marcus Brown <marcusbrutus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>