Re: [Xen-users] OpenMosix and Xen

> Thank you, everybody. You agree about that what I'm thinking is not a good
> idea, or at least, it is very difficult. I am sure that it's dificult and I
> don't know if I will get something that worths it.

Running Xen on OpenMosix can't really be done because Xen isn't an
application.  You can, however:
* migrate Xen virtual machines
* run OpenMosix within Xen virtual machines

The combination of these should be able to do whatever you want.

> I have been reading the Xen Roadmap and it says that in Xen 3.0 release,
> one new feature will be:
>

>    - *Cluster management.* We wish to add tool support to provide a
>    better unified interface to managing a cluster of Xen machines. This
> would include features such as automatic use of VM live-migration to
> load-balance across a cluster, and the ability to 'evacuate' VMs from a
> node before shutting it down for maintenance etc.
>
> And this is what I am looking for!!!, I thought that I could do this on
> OpenMosix, but you say that I have to look for another Cluster Technology,
> which one? Have you ever done something like this?

You can do this now, manually: Xen can migrate virtual machines around the
cluster with almost no downtime (a few hundred milliseconds).  This works
right now - you can download the 2.0 tree and try it out (there are various
howtos in the mailing list archives).

The roadmap feature is to produce tools that'll manage this automatically for
you using Xen's existing live migration tools.

Cheers,
Mark