Re: [Xen-users] Re: How to run a 2.4 kernel distro under a 2.6 dom0

> What I did was to download the 2.06 kernel. It has the 2.4 kernel in there.
> Question:
> Do I need to boot into a 2.4 xen0 kernel to run 2.4 kernel in domU's,
> or can I run 2.4kernel domU while running a 2.6 Dom0 kernel.

Yuo can run a 2.4 domU with a 2.6 dom0.  For that matter, you could run a
FreeBSD, NetBSD or Plan9 domU too.  The virtual device interface is OS
independent.

> In any case I tried to reboot into the 2.06 xen kernel on my sony vaio
> but after loading some xen messages the system just reboots with out
>
> title Xen  (2.4.30-xenU)
>        root (hd0,1)
>        kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=150000
>        module /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.30-xen0 ro root=LABEL=/
>
> Any ideas about this?

You can't boot with LABEL= syntax unless you use an initrd.  Yu cuold make a
new initrd (do "man mkinitrd" for more info) or you could just specify the
partition you boot off (e.g. probably /dev/hda1 in your case).

Cheers,
Mark