Re: [Xen-users] More than one NIC - bridged from dom0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] More than one NIC - bridged from dom0
From: Sammy Okasha <Sammy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:09:32 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:34:40 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ernst Bachmann schrieb am Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2005 13:22:
> On Thursday 30 June 2005 13:02, Sami Okasha wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > what do i have to do to make eth1 and eth2 from dom0 visible (bridged
> > like eth0) for my other domains?
> >
> > It would be nice, if someone has already scripts for that.
> >
> > I am not shure which scripts i have to modify. Is it sufficient to start
> > the /etc/xen/scripts/network  3 times, every time with the next
> > interface?
> >
> > What about the vifs? And btw. what are the vifs for?
>
> I'm using only one nic in my setup, but had to use a different approach for
> the bridges, which will probably work nice for you, too.
>
> I didn't let the xen scripts handle bridge creation, but used my Xen0 OSes
> init scripts for bridectl for it (gentoo comes with premade scripts there,
> probably other linux flavors, too.)
>
> I had it setup a "br0" bridge, on eth0, should be trivial to have it
> generate br1 for eth1 and so on.

i can do this whith brctrl i think, but it would probably be better, if i use
the scripts from xen. i donno if this makes any difference.

I am not very familar with bridging.

Thank you for you advise

Sammy

--
Sammy Okasha
mailto:Sammy@xxxxxxxxx

Key ID: 6F3D8EBD6E6DB4B2
GPG Key Fingerprint: F415 08EC 90C6 383B 1BFE D0C9 6F3D 8EBD 6E6D B4B2