Re: [Xen-users] xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (No such file or

To: Xen User List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (No such file or directory)
From: Stewart Outram <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:58:45 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:57:41 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Mark

> You could run "vncserver" directly (which will start an X server with a
> virtual displayitself).

I installed tinyvnc into both the domainU and the domain0. Started
"vncserver :1" in domainU and "vncviewer 10.0.0.2:1" and that worked.

> To use "ssh -X" you don't need to startx first.  Just run "ssh -X" then when
> you're logged in, run "xterm".  If that doesn't work, post the error message.

ssh -X 10.0.0.2 followed by xterm did not work.

Error :-
stewart@localhost stewart $ xterm
xterm Xt error: Can't open display:
xterm:  DISPLAY is not set