Re: [Xen-users] network connection to and from domain0 does not work

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] network connection to and from domain0 does not work
From: Nils Gedicke <nils.gedicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:17:12 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:16:14 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I have a similar Problem:

I have a Debian-Sarge linux running, and after booting with xen everything works fine. No problem to ping anything in the internet. But after I start xend and it installes the bridge I loose my internet connection (and the connection to my normal lan along with it). I allready checked ifconfig and route and everything seems to be fine. Only thing that came to my attention was, that the route command took some time to display the route to my gateway. After reading your posts I checked the brctl controlls and the scripts in /etc/xen/scripts and again everything seems fine. Any other ideas?

Regards,

Nils

Rigas Wendel wrote:

Hello everybody,

I installed Xen on my suse 9.2 system. Up to now I can
do the following things:

Boot into XEN
Start xend
Automatically start a virtual Domain (ttylinux)

My problem is that after starting XEN I cannot reach
any other client on my network any more.
The only machine I can ping is the virtual ttylinux
vm.
Therefore I cannot reach the XEN machine from outside
using ssh or telnet.

The ttylinux itself vm works fine. From there I can
reach every other machine in my network using ping!!!
So the nic itself should not be the problem.

Regards

Rigas

___________________________________________________________ Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 1GB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de