RE: [Xen-users] No video display, SuSE kernel-xen-2.6.11.4-21.7

To: "Robbie Dinn" <robbie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] No video display, SuSE kernel-xen-2.6.11.4-21.7
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:43:56 +0100
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:43:02 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> This is a strange one. On upgraging to SuSE
> kernel-2.6.11.4-21.7, I have suddenly found that I loose the
> video on boot up! The video disappears very early in boot,
> possibly while Xen hypervisor is starting, printing out the
> physical memory map.

> I have also tried a xen-2.0-testing that I compiled myself
> (with the rev 1.1899 "Ensure we only handle writable
> pagetable faults taken in guest kernel") Same outcome

Odd. Please can you try the kernel that shipped with Xen 2.0.5 to see if
we can narrow down when the issue was introduced.

Are you sure you haven't got any vga related settings in your grub
config that may have changed? What graphics card do you have?

Best,
Ian