[Xen-users] Memory limit

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Memory limit
From: "Lauro, John" <jlauro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:35:29 -0400
Delivery-date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 02:36:40 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am evaluating XEN to see if we might be able to use it in place of Vmware ESX for our Linux guests.  (Obviously will not work for our Windows servers….)

I booted the demo CD under Vmware ESX and it worked fine.  Xen guests under Vmware….

From the specs, I see there is a 4GB limit.  Is that limit per domain, for all guests, or for the entire server?  Right now our vmware servers are dual CPU Xeons with 12-16GB of ram each, running about 15 guests.

Is there an estimate when the 64 bit version will be released, and if it will support a mix of 32 and 64 bit, or will it all have to be 64 bit?  (I don’t have any 64-bit hardware yet, but…)