Re: [Xen-users] DMA not enabled in Xen Kernel?

To: Charles Johnson <johnsoncharles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DMA not enabled in Xen Kernel?
From: Mark Porter <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:22:58 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 00:24:06 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm guessing that "Make" is just doing a default kernel make which won't be the right ARCH. Try going ../ to the xen-2.0 directory and type 'make kernels'. This will make the domU and dom0 kernels with ARCH=xen using your new .config file, and install them to xen-2.0/dist. From the dist directory you can run './install.sh' to copy everything to where you need it to be. Be sure you have backed up any customizations in /etc/xen first as they will be overwritten with the defaults.

I just spent a few hours going through this to get my ide chipset in the kernel (as well as usb support, and to make a boatload of modules)

-Mark

Charles Johnson wrote:

Hi,

Well, I'm trying to compile a custom xen0 kernel now but having some problems.

I downloaded the xen source then did a "make world" and ran install.sh

Then I went into the linux-2.6.11-xen0 directory and did "make ARCH=xen menuconfig" and setup the kernel the way I needed it and then did a "make".

It chugs along like normal for awhile until it pukes on this:

drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c: In function `balloon_process':
drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:218: error: `phys_to_machine_mapping' undeclared (first use in this function) drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:218: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:218: error: for each function it appears in.) drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:218: error: `INVALID_P2M_ENTRY' undeclared (first use in this function) drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:261: warning: implicit declaration of function `scrub_pages' drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.c:283: warning: implicit declaration of function `mfn_to_pfn'
make[3]: *** [drivers/xen/balloon/balloon.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/xen/balloon] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/xen] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks.