Re: [Xen-users] Cannot open root device

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 09:08 +0200, Hsing-Foo Wang wrote:

> Yes I did, since I have scsi I tried sda1 too but no luck
> Then again I am a bit confuse on what to use with 'file:....'
> Do I point to the mountpoint or the ttylinyx-xen image file? Again tried
> both, but no luck.
>
> Also, the line 'root = "/dev/md1"' should this be point to the real host
> device which in my case is /dev/md1?

The lines from one of my config files are -
disk = [ 'phy:hda5,hda1,w' , 'phy:hda6,hda2,w' ]
and
root = "/dev/hda1 ro"

The root line tells the guest where to find its root filesystem.

I use partitions (never tried to use a file) but by looking at the doc's
you should use the /full/path/and/filename to the ttylinux file in the
dom0 file system.

As far as I know it should not matter if you use hda1 or sda1 as what
ever you use is what the guest will see and the guest does not see the
actual underlying hardware. Someone please correct me if I am wrong :-)

Lyndsay