Re: FW: [Xen-users] Problem with Dell Poweredge 1850

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FW: [Xen-users] Problem with Dell Poweredge 1850
From: David H <davidh.davidh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:55:39 -0700
Cc: "Gino LV. Ledesma" <gledesma@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:55:01 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> It would be particularly interesting to know what the unstable tree does
> on these systems, as the code is quite different.

I may not have been clear; I have been testing with "unstable".  If I
build unstable with the default configuration and boot dom0 with the
following grub entry I can make dom0 hang using a number of IO
intensive commands.  Tar, cp, mkfs, all can cause the problem and
using scp to copy a large file to another machine will hang the domain
in no time.  Xen still responds on the serial console.

title Xen 2.0.6 / XenLinux 2.6.11
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 console=com1 watchdog com1=115200,8n1
        module /vmlinuz-2.6.11-xen0 root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 ro
console=tty0
        module /initrd-xen-2.0.img

Add "nousb"
module /vmlinuz-2.6.11-xen0 root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 ro console=tty0 nousb
and the problem goes away.

David