RE: [Xen-users] Is using w! safe to share data between domains?

Hmmm . . . well, I really would prefer to do that although I was
suspicious of the race condition someone else pointed out.  The data
exchange is bidirectional.  That's why, at some point, multiple devices
must mount it rw though none at the same time unless accidentally.

Should I assume that if one system was always rw and the other ro, that
I could get away with it but, if I must change back and forth, I asking
for trouble?

Thanks very much - and by the way, thanks for such a great product -
John

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 18:47 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
> I suspect that in reality you'll get away with periodically mounting the
> partition read-only, copying out the data you want, then unmounting it.
> You can leave it mounted rw in the other domain the whole time.
>
> Ian

> > data from
> > the domains
> > have done is safe.
> > >
> > > Have you considered giving the networkless domain a vif but
> > > firewalling it off from everything you don't trust?  Having network
> > > available would make this kind of sharing much easier,
> > since you could
> > > use NFS (purely networked), GFS or OCFS2 (both disk-based
> > but require a network component to work).
> > >
> > <snip>
> > Yes, that was the second choice.  We are trying to protect
> > our Certificate Authorities as much as possible.  Thanks to
> > everyone for their help - John
> > --
> > John A. Sullivan III
> > Open Source Development Corporation
> > +1 207-985-7880
> > jsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > If you would like to participate in the development of an
> > open source enterprise class network security management
> > system, please visit http://iscs.sourceforge.net

John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
+1 207-985-7880
jsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Financially sustainable open source development
http://www.opensourcedevel.com