[Xen-users] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on

To: Xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8, 1)
From: Daniel <prosolutions@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:25:57 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 May 2005 22:25:29 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have sucessfully installed xen domain 0 on a Debian system and have
created a virtual disk in it's filesystem and used debbootstrap to
install debain on it.  In the config file for the virtual machine I
have:

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11.9-xenU"
disk = [ 'file:/usr/local/xen/images/debian_01,sda1,w',
'file:/usr/local/xen/images/debian_01-swap,sda2,w' ]
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

the filesystem for /usr/local/xen/images/debian_01 is xfs and I have
already been able to mount it.  xfs support is in the xen kernel.

when running xm create -c debian_01-1 vmid=1   it fails with the
following:

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,1)