[Xen-users] Guest OS woun't boot

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Guest OS woun't boot
From: "Dominik Heßmann" <dom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:43:27 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 May 2005 07:43:04 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everybody,

i am a newbie in using Xen.
The first three tries to install Xen on my Gentoo box
aren't very successfull. But now i know how to get the
dom0 Domain running.
So my Xentoo (Xen + Gentoo = Xentoo) ist coming up.

My system is configures like this:

/dev/hda1 = /boot
/dev/hda2 = /
/dev/hda3 = LVM-Partition
/dev/hda4 = SWAP

/dev/vg01/SYSP = Gentoo System for dom1

i've createt a lpar /dev/vg01/SYSP where i've copied
the new Gentoo in.
Now when i try to start the new Domain i get:

VFS: Cannot open root device "sda1" or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

The configuration is this:

# -*- mode: python; -*-
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-xenU"
memory = 128
name = "SYSP"
disk = [ 'phy:vg01/SYSP,sda1,w' ]
dhcp="dhcp"
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
extra = "3"

I have tried diffenrent Config like
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/vg01/SYSP,sda1,w' ]
or
root = "sda1 ro"
or
root = "/dev/vg01/SYSP ro"

but it also doesn't work.
Don't know if there is a problem with devfs used by Gentoo (but dom0 is
working fine with devfs!).
Both Kernels (xen0 and xenU) uses the same .config!!!

I hope, anyone can help.
Nice greetings,

Dominik.