Re: [Xen-users] Problem when booting Xen for the first time.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem when booting Xen for the first time.
From: Dominique Rousseau <d.rousseau@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:51:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:50:53 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Le Wed, May 11, 2005 at 01:38:06PM +0000, Jack B [simply_jb@xxxxxxxxxxx] a
écrit:
>       title Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6.10
>          root (hd0,0)
>          kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072
>          module /vmzlinuz-2.6.10-xen0 root=/dev/hda1 ro console=tty0
>
>  My Linux main partition is on hda1.
>  Files xen.gz and vmzlinuz-2.6.10-xen0 are present on /boot (I must
>  also highlight a problem in Xen documentation taht say to write
>  /boot/xen.gz and /boot/vmzlinuz... in the grub file. But when
>  specifying /boot grub don't find the files).

The Xen documentation is not wrong. It describes a case where /boot is
in the same partition as /, whereas in your case your seem to have /boot
on a separate one.

Dom

--
Dominique Rousseau
Neuronnexion, Prestataire Internet & Intranet