[Xen-users] Badness in softirq.c / no modules loaded / related to networ

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Badness in softirq.c / no modules loaded / related to network interface
From: sebastian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 18:40:33 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 07 May 2005 09:43:18 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have a porblem with the unprivileged kernel. When I start my domain using
the unprivileged kernel I get the message:

Badness in local_bh_enable at kernel/softirq.c:140
 [<c011f3c0>] local_bh_enable+0x80/0x90
 [<c0223089>] skb_checksum+0x129/0x2a0
 [<c026736c>] udp_poll+0x9c/0x150
 [<c021e409>] sock_poll+0x29/0x40
 [<c016ba3e>] do_select+0x25e/0x2d0
 [<c016b630>] __pollwait+0x0/0xd0
 [<c016bd9f>] sys_select+0x2bf/0x4d0
 [<c01093f4>] syscall_call+0x7/0xb

This message reappears periodically after some time. The FAQ says that this is
related to modules being compiled without ARCH=xen, but I use the standard
2.6.11-xenU kernel-configuration and there are no modules loaded. Strangely
the message is related to the network interfaces of the virtual domain. If I
stop networking, the messages disappear, the first message appears when

I'm using xen-testing from yesterday together with kernel 2.6.11.7 which was
patched with the patch made by "make mkpatches".

I have attached the kernel config of my dom0-kernel and the xenU kernel I use
for the virtual domain. I don't have the problem with a kernel 2.4.29 I use
on another virtual domain.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian Gutweiler