Re: [Xen-users] PXE-booting Xen using PXELINUX

To: Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] PXE-booting Xen using PXELINUX
From: Yvette <yentlsoup@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 04:31:07 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 May 2005 09:30:43 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just saying "no" seems a bit severe, but I don't have a lot of other info.

The client machine is an ibm thinkpad t22 (bios 1.12/current) with an
e100 (pro) nic. It's using version 4.0.17 of the Intel boot agent
(looks like it's the most recent they released for it). The dhcp/tftp
server is a domU running xen 2.0.5/debian sarge, with tftpd-hpa as the
server. I mainly tried your pxelinux.cfg/configuration from below,
although changing things around didn't change the outcome. After
booting and getting the ip address, it gets to this point, then hangs
at "Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/default" or on the server side:

May  5 00:45:23 debian-domU in.tftpd[487]: RRQ from 10.77.77.221
filename pxelinux.0
May  5 00:45:23 debian-domU in.tftpd[488]: RRQ from 10.77.77.221
filename pxelinux.cfg/default
May  5 00:45:23 debian-domU in.tftpd[489]: RRQ from 10.77.77.221
filename mboot.c32

A tcpdump on the server pretty much just confirmed the logs - it
starts to transfer mboot.c32, carries on for a bit, then loses contact
with the client.

I tried to boot the same hardware/setup using the debian installer
(rc3) netboot pxe images, and those did work (which doesn't mean I
have it set up correctly for this - I'm about as far from being a PXE
guru as a person can get).

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but if you want me to try something
else, let me know.
-Yvette