[Xen-users] xen kernel panics at boot

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xen kernel panics at boot
From: "Nate, Greg" <Greg_Nate@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:45:51 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:45:50 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.  I am trying to install xen 2.0.5 and am having problems getting the xen kernel to boot.  It seems to come up, recognize the PCI bus info, the CPU, memory, and such, and then halts when it gets to trying to mount NFS.  It then asks for a boot floppy.

My guess is that it is not finding the / partition.  The actual kernel panic string, I don't have because the screen blanks so quickly.  Below is the last message where it halts, in addition to my grub.conf file.

Root NFS:  No NFS server available, giving up
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy
VFS: Insert floppy and press Enter

[root@flubber ~]# cat /etc/grub.conf
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE: You have a /boot partition. This means that
# all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
# root (hd0,0)
# kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/sda9
# initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu

title Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6.9
 root (hd0,0)
 kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072
 module /vmlinuz-2.6.10-xen0 root=LABEL=/ ro console=tty0

title Fedora Core (2.6.9-1.667smp)
 root (hd0,0)
 kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667smp ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
 initrd /initrd-2.6.9-1.667smp.img

title Fedora Core-up (2.6.9-1.667)
 root (hd0,0)
 kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
 initrd /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img
[root@flubber ~]#

Thanks in advance,

greg