Re: [Xen-users] Suse 9.3 boot problem

To: Chris Epicier <seuchato@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Suse 9.3 boot problem
From: Friedmund Lassmann <lassmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:45:28 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 05:45:19 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Chris,

I don't know the solution, but I don't think that writing
into /proc survives the reboot. On my SUSE 9.3 I have some
kernel settings in /etc/sysctl.conf which are then written
into /proc with /etc/init.d/boot.sysctl
(sysctl -e -p /etc/sysctl.conf)
but I don't know if this script is run before your panic.
So I hope there is a better solution.

BTW - did you try booting from the GRUB commandline, maybe
into runlevel 1 at a first try?

Regards,
Friedl