RE: [Xen-users] More memory questions

To: "Kenneth Power" <telcor@xxxxxxxxx>, <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] More memory questions
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:58:49 +0100
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:58:38 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Following the advice from others, I attempted to use the xm
> balloon command to increase the memory available to Domain-0.
> However, each time I execute xm list or free -m the old
> amount is displayed.
> Checking the logs (xend.log & xend-debug.log) showed nothing
> about the memory request. Any ideas why this is not working?
> Am I missing something or doing something incorrectly? To
> help here are the machine specs. please, no laughing ;)

You need to set the initial dom0 mem with dom0_mem= on the Xen command
line, then specify the maximum possible dom0 memory via a mem= parameter
on the kernel command line. If you don't do the latter, the maximum
possible will default to the initial.

Ian