RE: [Xen-users] Problems with live migrate on xen-testing

To: "Niraj Tolia" <ntolia@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Problems with live migrate on xen-testing
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:25:39 +0100
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:25:31 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK, I've managed to reproduce this: Under 2.0.5 I can make a domain
crash in the same fashion if it is under extreme network receive load
during the migration.
This used to work fine, so we've obviously introduced a bug in the last
few months.

I'll investigate when I get a chance. We seem to get stuck in a page
fault loop writing to an skb's shared info area, passing through the
vmalloc fault section of do_page_fault. It looks like the PTE is read
only, which is very odd. We just need to figure out how it got that way.
This smells like the first real Xen-internal bug in the stable series
for several months...

Ian