Re: [Xen-users] apache2 in domU sometimes only

To: "Anderson, Eli C" <eli.c.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] apache2 in domU sometimes only
From: Chris Epicier <seuchato@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 20:17:51 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:17:48 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Eli

here is what apache2-reconfigure-mpm threw at me:

apache2-reconfigure-mpm
Shutting down httpd2 (not running)
               done
Starting SuSEconfig, the SuSE Configuration Tool...
Running module apache2 only
Reading /etc/sysconfig and updating the system...
Executing /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.apache2...
Looking for multi-processing modules (MPM)...
1 MPM installed (prefork)
APACHE_MPM is unset (/etc/sysconfig/apache2), picked
"prefork"
create symbolic link `/usr/sbin/httpd2' to
`/usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork'
create symbolic link
`/usr/share/apache2/build/config_vars.mk' to
`config_vars.mk-prefork'
Finished.

then I did:

:/ # rcapache2 start
        Starting httpd2 (prefork)
                       failed

in /var/log/appache/errorlog I find:

[emerg] (38)Function not implemented: Couldn't create
accept lock

This was after I disabled ssl and suexec modules in
/etc/sysconfig/apache2 from the line that starts with
APACHE_MODULES="...

The very strange thing is,  have two machines that I
are running fine, configured exactly the same way.
However my xen machine is running from softraid 1.

I started to look and compare config files in between
the different machines. but there are too many.
Without a good clue, I guess i'll have to dump the xen
installation and start all over :-C

greets chris

and thanks so far

--- "Anderson, Eli C" <Eli.C.Anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>