xen-tools

Re: [Xen-tools] Fiber channel storage !!!

Side note: xen-users would probably be a better place to ask this sort of
question - xen-tools is more development-oriented and is also read by fewer
people.

I agree with the suggestion of using a cluster filesystem - this is the same
solution that you'd probably use if they were real physical machines.

Alternatively, using CentOS or RHEL (don't know about Fedora) you could use
Xen virtual machines and use RedHat's tools for setting up a GFS cluster
filesystem.

In each of these cases, you'd be giving each domU a virtual block device that
gives them (presumably writeable) access to the same underlying fibre channel
device.

Does that sound OK to you?

Cheers,
Mark

On Friday 09 March 2007 09:18, Tim Post wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 09:57 +0100, benjamin henrion wrote:
> > Hello,
> > i've to install 3 VM one is a SMTP server the second is IMAP and the
> > last one a webmail (in fullV).
> > The problem is that every server have to access to a fiber channel
> > storage  to  "work" with  a lot of mails.
> > So How can i  make an access to this DD for every virtualized server
> > in the same time?
> >

> > Thanks for your suggestions!
>
> I suggest that you use a cluster filesystem (ocfs2 would work well) ,
> and have all of your guests attach to the FC backed vbd with the w!
> instead of rw flags in the dom-u config.
>
> You will have to ensure the dom-u kernel has modular support for ocfs2,
> as well as userspace configfs (not hard to do), and be sure all of your
> guests have an identical copy of the cluster config file.
>
> OCFS2 is much easier and lest time consuming than most other cluster
> file systems.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best,
> --Tim