xen-tools

[Xen-tools] Intergation of Web Services in the Xen tools

To: "xen-tools" <xen-tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-tools] Intergation of Web Services in the Xen tools
From: "edoardo81\@libero\.it" <edoardo81@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:35:23 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 02:36:30 -0700
Sender: xen-tools-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,
I recently worked on the Xen tools. My goal was to implement a web services
interface in a symilar manner to the existing XML-RPC interface. I was able to
export all the management function as web services in order to administer my
Xen nodes remotely. I wrote a WSDL file for all the method exported and I
published it in the Xend integrated HTTP server. I managed to connect to Xen
enabled machines from clients written with Axis/Jax-Rpc and SOAPpy (the latter
I used to implement the SOAP server). The automatic generation of the Java Stub
and SEI interface with WSDL2Java works very well and is very straightforward to
write simple clients (I also wrote a more complex client using java swing by
which I could control a network of Xen enabled machines).

I released a patch which works on the current release of Xen (3.0.2) but still
applies on the previous version (3.0 unstable).

Edoardo Di Matteo
Second University of Naples.