xen-tools

Re: [Xen-tools] about XenMon

To: wu_yang1998 <wu_yang1998@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-tools] about XenMon
From: "Diwaker Gupta" <diwaker.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:21:02 -0700
Cc: xen-tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:21:21 -0700
Sender: xen-tools-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 6/14/06, wu_yang1998 <wu_yang1998@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I have just downloaded Xen-3.0.2 from website and install it on my Fedora 4
Linux system. The system can boot ok. Now I want to use Xenmon to monitor my
system. I use tools/xenmon. When I start xenmon.py, it reports "Failure to
get trace buffer pointer from Xen (22=invalid argument)". I check xenbaked.c
source file and find that tb_controls fail. I do not know how to do, if I
have to update xen or the Xenmon is not complete? If someone knows, please
help me!

If you installed Xen properly, you shouldn't have to go into tools/ to
run anything -- the binaries should be installed in the right places,
so you should be able to simply run 'xenmon.py'.

As Rob mentioned, you need to do:

$ tbctl 1                  # this turns tracing on
$ setsize 20               # size of trace buffers

Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net/blog