xen-tools

[Xen-tools] Re: [Fwd: Question about use of xenstore]

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 09:54 +0100, harry wrote:
> I still don't understand what the interlock is in the _blkif_ driver
> which prevents the above scenario from happening.

(Christian: Harry's point is about operations in flight when the blkif
goes away.  The answer is for the frontend to finally unmap etc once it
sees the backend delete itself).

Actually, you're completely right, hence the TODO in Christian's post
about takedown while operations are ongoing.  Christian also wants to
change the blkif code to one page & channel per device, and the two
things will intersect significantly.

Christian, your thoughts on ordering, and which of us wants to do what?

Thanks!
Rusty.
--
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman