xen-tools

[Xen-tools] Tools Status

To: <xen-tools@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-tools] Tools Status
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 19:13:29 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 18:12:01 +0000
Sender: xen-tools-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Folks, we've been thinking through the various tasks that need to happen
to complete the tools project for 3.0.0 (note that the first 3.0-testing
release will not have XenStore/XenBus support -- there's other testing
we can do)

It's a pretty daunting list, but its mostly parallelizable.

What have I missed?

Ian

general xm/xend
---------------

* cleanup command names                 Sean
* consoles via tty's                    Anthony
* use SSL certs to protect http Mike?

xenbus/xenstore
---------------

* checkin block switch over to XB       Christian
* switch net over to XB                 Rusty ?
* switch console over XB                Robert / Anthony
* switch hotplug over XB                Ryan / Dan
* switch shutdown over  XB              ?
* delete xcs                            ?

* test + enable net grant tables                Steve?
* make net ring itself use grant table  Steve?
* add net grant table save/restore              ?

* XB console save/restore support (copy xenbus)

* switch USB to XB, add save/restore    Harry?