xen-ppc-devel

[XenPPC] libvirt & virt-manager/virsh status - working

To: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [XenPPC] libvirt & virt-manager/virsh status - working
From: Christian Ehrhardt <ehrhardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:06:03 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 05:03:51 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone,
after all libvirt & virt-manager/virsh are up and running.
I was now able to start it and profile my active domains. The I checked reported values for cpu/mem/... and they were correct. The only issues I found were network issues, but since I still have network issues with my guests anyway I would not say it is a libvirt issue (atm). See http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7261/workingvirtmanagerem3.gif for a screenshot of working xenppc libvirt/virt-manager.

=> We need now to define what the function scope that we want to have supported by libvirt & virt-manager/virsh should be.

- start/stop guests
- watch guests and utilization
- configure network ?
- shrink/increase DomU ram ? (does this actually work on xenppc DomU's ?)
- add/remove CPU's ?
- ... Please comment

--

Grüsse / regards, Christian Ehrhardt

IBM Linux Technology Center, Open Virtualization
+49 7031/16-3385
Ehrhardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ehrhardt@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Johann Weihen Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen