xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] Re: Automated reliability report for SMP patch on JS2x

On Oct 3, 2006, at 12:25 PM, Maria Butrico wrote:

What's really interesting to me about this is that the invocation of the
icache invalidation did not go in till later.

But it did include the I/D cache flush of text.
The i-cache invalidate you speak requires the running of DomUs

So if anything we could find
this to be even more reliable one the other changes are also picked up.

not much has happened that would effect boot and ssh to dom0

I missed this:  what is transient?

I would like to suggest that the SMP patch be applied to the base, and that in those case where we known that SMP fails, like on maples, we use the
nosmp option.

I'm still not prepared to take the SMP patch, the I-Cache invalidate fix has improved the situation on maple, but not enough to convince me that there are no more troubles waiting to pounce.

-JX