xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] PHDR link failure testcase

On Aug 17, 2006, at 1:24 AM, Tony Breeds wrote:

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 10:23:08PM -0400, Jimi Xenidis wrote:
  /* Read-only sections, merged into text segment: */
  PROVIDE (__executable_start = 0x10000000); . = 0x10000000 +
SIZEOF_HEADERS;
Actually the above line should just be:
   PROVIDE (__executable_start = .);

We always specific the link address on the command line and not that
we define PHDRS there is no need for SIZEOF_HEADERS (as the linker
docs indicate)

Okay.  I'll have a look at that.  It'd be a clenup tho. as it's not
required to fix this problem.

Correct.

Also if I understand correctly the SEARCH_DIR()s aren't needed as we're not
linking to anything in those dirs.

Perhaps a seperate clenaup is worthwhile.

Anyone else with cleanups for xen.lds.S ?

We could prolly get it down to 10 lines :) but I suppose we canleave it cuz it works.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the changes are unnecessary.

No, they required.  See below.

-  .interp         : { *(.interp) }
+  .interp         : { *(.interp) } :text

Without adding this then the sections just disapper.
odd.. I did not have this issue with my toolchain. In the interest of working with a multiplicity of tools let just leave it.

Patch below.
pushed

-JX