xen-ppc-devel

[XenPPC] FYI: domU loading update

To: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [XenPPC] FYI: domU loading update
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:33:26 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:32:58 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just pushed three patches to xen-ppc-unstable that enable domU loading
via xend. In particular, things like initrd loading and boot arguments
in the xm create config file work properly[1].

This will cause merge headaches down the road, because Keir wants
xc_linux_build() and related python to be drastically refactored
upstream, but I think initrd support is important enough to push to our
tree for now. I guess what I'm saying is please let me know if you want
to make changes around xc_linux_build(), because I'm going to need to
sort them all out later.

[1] I tried an old ramdisk I had laying around, but init didn't manage
to output any messages, so a) the initrd itself could be loaded
incorrectly, or b) we have some other bug that's preventing userspace in
a domU from working. I guess a) is probably more likely, but I don't
intend to look into it in the immediate future.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center