xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] commenting #endif

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 10:09 -0400, Orran Y Krieger wrote:

> spent a while on a wrong track, basically because a #endif didn't say
> wha tit was an endif for. (in xen/smp.h).  I did a quick grep and half
> the endifs in .h files have a comment that says what #ifdef they
> correspond to, and the other half do not.  Do we have a style for
> this?

I prefer commenting all the #endifs, and I have certainly tried to do
that in all PowerPC code. If you're asking about xen-wide style,
xen-devel would be a better place to ask (and perhaps submit a patch
that adds the missing comments).

I think most text editors support flipping between ifdef/endif just like
flipping between {}, which should make it pretty easy to figure out
which endif matches which ifdef. (In vi the command is % .)

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center