xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] building xen in separate build directory

To: butrico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [XenPPC] building xen in separate build directory
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:52:55 -0500
Cc: xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:52:24 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 15:23 -0400, Maria Butrico wrote:
> Is there a make option to build xen (for ppc) in such a a way that the
> object files and the rest of the output of make will go in a
> subdirectory other than the one where the source is?

I don't think so actually, and given that Keir just said most Makefiles
use 'rm -rf *.o' to make clean, I really doubt it.

You should ask on xen-devel; I could be wrong, or maybe somebody there
is working on it, or you might inspire somebody to work on it, or at
least a bunch of people might jump in and agree that would be a useful
feature.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center