xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] Fw: latest noHV patches

Hi Mark, I've put up a brief description at
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPPC/NoHV ; feel free to edit and
expand if you like.

Also, in the future please name patches (i.e. xen-nohv and linux-prlp)
with a .diff extension. That makes them much easier to read in email
clients and list archives; right now they're treated as binary files.
(In fact I didn't realize until recently that those were actually diffs;
I thought you were sending out compiled executables.)

Thanks!

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 18:38 -0400, Mark F Mergen wrote:

> As requested.
>

> ----- Forwarded by Mark F Mergen/Watson/IBM on 08/08/2006 06:05 PM
> -----
> Mark F Mergen/Watson/IBM
>
> 08/08/2006 04:45 AM

> xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>                cc
>
>           Subject
> latest noHV
> patches
>

> Patches for noHV are up-to-date and tested with trees from the
> repository as of the date and time of this posting.  I can send them
> to anyone interested, but probably the only people who have interest
> also have access to my tress and can get the patches there.
>
> The Xen patch is in /a/kix/homes/kix/mergen/xen/xen-nohv/xen-nohv.
>  The Linux patch is
> in /a/kix/homes/kix/mergen/xen/linux/linux-2.6.prlp/linux-prlp.  For
> Xen you also need the two new files nohv.c and nohv.h which are
> in /a/kix/homes/kix/mergen.  They need to be placed in your tree in
> your analogue of xen/xen-nohv/xen/arch/powerpc/powerpc64/nohv.c and
> xen/xen-nohv/xen/include/asm-powerpc/nohv.h.
>
> Mark Mergen
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center